Published: 01 February 2019
WELCOME TO THE DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION (CBE)
DAR ES SALAAM-TANZANIA
Bibi Titi Mohamed Road, P.O. Box 1968 Dar es Salaam
Tel No. +255 – 022-2150177, Fax +255 – 022-2150122;
Brief history of Department
The Department of Business Administration is the first academic department to be launched at the College of Business Education. It was inaugurated in 1965 when the College was officially established by the first president of the United Republic of Tanzania, the late Mwl. J.K. Nyerere.
It aimed at preparing business managers and trade officers responsible for overseeing and supervising government owned enterprises and various trade/businesses undertakings in the country. The department started with a single academic program, namely; Basics Certificate in Business Administration, but currently the department has six academic programs.
- Entrepreneurship Centre
- Bachelor Degree in Business Studies with Education (BBSE)
- Masters of International Business Management (MIBM)
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance and Banking
- Masters of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
- Masters of Business Administration in Marketing Management
- Semester systems in all the programs
- Curricula of all the programs regularly revised and updated in consultation with NACTE (National Council for Technical Education) and other stakeholders.
- Last revision of curricula has been conducted during (2017-18 ) Academic year.
- Diploma and Bachelor students are subject to field-work practices in their first academic year for about 8 weeks to various institutions both public and private.
- BBSE students are subject to teaching practice attachment in the first and second year of their studies in both public and private secondary schools
There are various methods in teaching and learning, however at CBE the main emphasis is the use of Competence Based Education and Training (CEBT) approach though lecturing can’t be completely avoided.
Among the CBET methods approaches used are as follows:
- Group discussion
- Role playing
- Case studying
- Industry visits
- Fieldwork practice
Students’ Performance Evaluation
Students’ assessment is based on the following creteria:
- Continuous Assessment 40%
- Semester Examination 60%