Published: 20 December 2021
TRAINING COURSE ON FORCE ACOUNT PROCUREMENT: HISTORY, SUCCESSES, CHALLENGES AND WAY FORWARD
24th to 28th January 2022
The main objective of this training is to equip procurement personnel with required knowledge and skills for carrying out their responsibilities in relation to the force account application in construction and rehabilitation projects. Moreover, the training will provide a great understanding to participants on the dos and don’ts of force account so as to ensure achievement of value for money.
* Force Account Concept
* History of Force Account
* Application and procedures of procurement of works through Force Account
* Case study of Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and PO- Regional Administration and Local Government Authority (TAMISEMI) in using Force Account
* Successes and Challenges of Force Account
* Discussion on 2018/2019 Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) special audit report on Force Account
* Discussion on Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) May 2020 Guidelines on Force Account
* Discussion on March 2021 Controller and Auditor General (CAG) reports on the implementation of Force Account
* Discussion on the Way Forward including New Paradigm Shift to the BEST USE of Single Source Procurement Method as Instructed by the Authority on the Use of International Monetary Fund (IMF) funds (1.3 trillion)
* Discussion on Lessons Learned and Contemporary Issues on Force Account.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All stakeholders involved in decision making and actual implementation of procurement through Force Account from Public and Private sectors such as; Board of Directors, Accounting Officers, Managing Directors, Directors, Heads of Departments, Members of Tender Board, Members of Tender Committee, Procurement and Supplies Officers, Project Managers, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Architects, Planning Officers, Auditors, Accountants, Risk Managers and all interested parties in Force Account.
DATE & VENUE
Date: 24th – 28th January 2022
Time: 8.30 am to 4.00 pm
The workshop will be facilitated by experienced procurement experts from the College of Business Education: Jackson Musiba, Deus Kabelele and John Mlang’a.
You are requested to confirm your participation by 19th January 2022.
Dr. William Gomera
Fax #: +255-22-2150122
Mob: +255-655 853347
Ms. Neema Kitonka
Fax #: +255-22-2150122
Mob: +255-782 003350
CBE Consultancy Bureau.
P. O. Box 1968,
Dar es Salaam